Sunday, March 23, 2008

So much for Company Loyalty

I spend nearly 30 years busting my hump for UFTA, working my way up the corporate ladder, and learning everything there is to know about running a trading vessel and now they've turned me loose. The company hasn't been doing well and I was part of their "restructuring" program. They think that by chopping runs and slicing staff they can save their way to profitability. Well the Aslan are going to eat their balance sheets for lunch. There's a ton of money to be made out there in the Reach, but the big boys only care about the mainline run from the Hierate to the Imperium.

I've always said that if I had my own ship I could show those bean counters in the office how much more they could be making off the Reach. Looks like now I've got my chance to prove it.

All I have to do now, is come up with the money for a starship...

No comments: