Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It takes money to make money

So much money.

I've got the basics of a plan. I've even got a line on the ship I want to outfit. But even given the condition she's in she's gonna cost a bundle before you add in the repair work and modifications. But my severance package mostly consisted of free coupons for luxurious cryo-tube transport anywhere in the reach. Even when cashed in they won't amount to much. Certainly they won't be enough to make a down payment. I need to figure out how to get some funding and to do that, I really need to sit down and thrash out this business plan I've been working on.

Besides, it'll be good for me to run the numbers. I'm pretty sure I can make this work, but I don't want to let my desire to wear the Captain's hat overcome good judgment. If I can't make ends meet, it's no good. Even my other option has other options.

No comments: